Well, I finally couldn't take it any longer and made the decision to start in on another mess. I thought I could live with the wallpaper being ripped and I repair it and then some space where there was no wallpaper(the new tub was littler than the old) (I just got rid of the left-overwall-paper after 11 years a few weeks ago), but I couldn't. So, I decided since the carpenter was still here on Wed I would have him take the stool out and help me get the big storage cabinet out cause the wall-paper was behind it. Some of it came off when I stripped the first layer and what was left by spraying warm water and vinegar on it, the other comes off very hard when scraping, scaping, scraping. Today, I have to bring the big ladder in to get to the part I coudn't reach with the step stool. That's what happens when you have 9ft ceilings. At first I was wondering why in the world I wall-papered-then I realized why when I tore it off, the walls are in really bad shape-part is old plaster yet. So, I have to do some repair work before hand and spray some texture on it. Anyone have any great ideas. I know Suzanne said they mudded theirs first and took a sponge to texturize it. I've seen it mudded and then use a scraper to make a design. What ever I do I know it's going to be a mess and take a while to complete. I still have to decide what color to paint and then get my floor in. I am putting dura-ceramic in, and going to try to do it myself. I have done ceramic by myself but never duraceramic. You have to cut it with an exacto knife.Friday, April 20, 2007
More mess and stool in living room
Well, I finally couldn't take it any longer and made the decision to start in on another mess. I thought I could live with the wallpaper being ripped and I repair it and then some space where there was no wallpaper(the new tub was littler than the old) (I just got rid of the left-overwall-paper after 11 years a few weeks ago), but I couldn't. So, I decided since the carpenter was still here on Wed I would have him take the stool out and help me get the big storage cabinet out cause the wall-paper was behind it. Some of it came off when I stripped the first layer and what was left by spraying warm water and vinegar on it, the other comes off very hard when scraping, scaping, scraping. Today, I have to bring the big ladder in to get to the part I coudn't reach with the step stool. That's what happens when you have 9ft ceilings. At first I was wondering why in the world I wall-papered-then I realized why when I tore it off, the walls are in really bad shape-part is old plaster yet. So, I have to do some repair work before hand and spray some texture on it. Anyone have any great ideas. I know Suzanne said they mudded theirs first and took a sponge to texturize it. I've seen it mudded and then use a scraper to make a design. What ever I do I know it's going to be a mess and take a while to complete. I still have to decide what color to paint and then get my floor in. I am putting dura-ceramic in, and going to try to do it myself. I have done ceramic by myself but never duraceramic. You have to cut it with an exacto knife.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment