Saturday, January 26, 2008

Yes, I am still alive!!!!! and finally posting after a month

I know, I know, it has been way to long-I tried posting right after Christmas and using my pictures on smilebox-but, along with them came some aweful advertisment and then I just kept putting it off.

Re-cap of everything that has been going on for the past month.

When our 3 bio boys were younger we had talked about getting a house in town after my mom moved away; but, we never did. One day this fall after going to town 3 different times in one day plus Dillan driving to school (mind you we live 13.5(one way) miles from the town my kids' go to school.) I told Alden we needed to look into getting a house in town or something. Well, I looked at a couple of rental houses (yuk) and decided that for $31,000 we could own a fairly nice 2 bedroom 2 bath house in Plainview 1 block from the high school. The only kicker was that a teacher and his wife plus 3 kids' lived in it and she had just had a baby. When we went to look at the house it was stuffed full of their stuff that they had moved from their house in Fremont that they hadn't sold yet and didn't want to move all of their stuff(the basement was stacked high and also the garage. Dillan and I had looked at a few house together and decided this one was the best option (except we couldn't kick they other people out) Well, I found out someone else is buying the house and kicking them out anyway.

Right before Christmas we did see a duplex for rent 2 blocks from the high school and we knew some of the people who had rented it and knew it was nice inside. So, the week or so after Christmas I went and looked at it and we are renting it for a year. It is furnished with washer, dryer, stove refrigerator, microwave and a hide-a-bed downstairs and lamps, coffee table and end tables. The lawn is mowed and snow removal all included in the price, of course their is electricity, heat, water and garbage that we have to pay on top of the rent. We have opted not to have internet or cable as that would add another $70-80. 2 weeks ago Wed, the kids' and I stayed from Wed until Sat afternoon their as we had Awana, Jazzercise, wrestling, basketball and basketball camp every day. I found I really got bored with nothing to do, no internet and such a small house, so don't know if we will do that again. Dillan has been staying their during the week instead of coming home and turning around and going back to school.

Alot of people think we are crazy for doing this, but, hay, their are lots of people from town that have cabins or trailers at the river and only use them 5-6 months out of the year.

So, this is another reason I haven't had time to post-being there and moving some things in there and something going on almost every night.

Hopefully, I will take pictures and post.

Today, I went to Jazzercise and then went to the duplex and made dinner and took the kids to basketball camp (which got cancelled because of Nenac that no one told us about.)

Tomarrow we are headed to Lincoln to see my mom who fell on the ice and had surgery on her elbow to repair a fracture. Alden has a school board meeting on Monday and the kids' have no school. We are heading to Omaha in the late afternoon for our final post placement meeting. The kids' are so excited about going and getting to see their cousins and grandma.

Today we stopped by and say Jack and MaryJo Todd, we were scheduled to see them a couple of weeks ago but, I had a really bad cold. MaryJo had never met them and both her and Jack just loved them and vice-versa. Christian and Jasmine were standing and walking on their hands and Jack stood on his head-amazing, I wish I would have had the camera in their at that time-he is over 75 at least. Mary Jo had just celebrated her birthday a few days ago and treated us to cake and ice cream. It finally warmed up today in the 40-a heat wave-warm weather is on it's way.

No comments: