
Alden wanted me to take a picture of Derek in our cornfield today. He said that a friend told him all the neighbors are talking at the coffee shop about our field along the pavement that all the neighbors drive by. I guess they were asking Jim if Alden was farming it this year cause it looks so good, well, we could take it the wrong way I guess, but, the truth is that Derek took over the farming the last couple of years and this year is so on top of things-I think he got it planted around the 20th of May and got the fertilizer on at the right time, etc. So, compared to the surrounding fields ours is the tallest and greenest (dark green)
Derek takes a lot of pride, time and energy to farming, Alden on the other hand takes more pride in how his hogs are doing so this is a great combination.
Derek said it sometimes is tasseling by the 4th of July-this year it will be definately a week earlier. It is so nice to have the neighbors saying good things about our fields instead of bad. Go Derek!!!!!

1 comment:
congradulations,Derek. I'm very proud of you. G carol
Post a Comment